|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Emma Ishta is an Australian actress and model. She currently portrays the lead role of Kirsten Clark on ABC Family's Stitchers, a Caltech student recruited to the secret Stitchers program at the start of the series in A Stitch In Time .
Early life and career
Emma Ishta's passion for performance art developed at an early age with the support of her family. She began modeling at thirteen, and continued on after high school, working for many different companies and publications including Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, V Magazine, DKNY and D&G.
Upon moving to New York, Emma began the transition to actress by booking guest star roles on the shows Power (Starz), Black Box (ABC), and Manhattan Love Story (ABC). She played Katrina Blackman in the film I Smiled Back, due out in 2016.
She most recently spent the summer rehearsing and starring in the play, The Flood, which ran at the NYC Fringe Festival before she landed the lead role in ABC Family's first original procedural, Stitchers.
|2014||Black Box||Cara||Episode: "Kodachrome"|
|2014||Power||Bella||Episode: "This Is Real"|
|2014||Manhattan Love Story||Catharine||Episode: Pilot|
|2015||I Smile Back||Katrina||Film|
|2015-present||Stitchers||Kirsten Clark||Lead role, 21 episodes|
- Emma was educated at St. Aidan's AGS in Corinda, Brisbane, Queensland.
- She began modelling at the age of 13.
- She is married to New York native and playwright Daniel James McCabe. Through this marriage, she has a stepdaughter.
- On February 14th, 2016, Emma Ishta announced via Instagram that she was pregnant. 
- On July 13th, 2016, it was revealed she had given birth to a son one month prior (late June 2016)